Update#3 – Thursday, June 10th – 7:00 AM – Kananaskis Time
Re: Update to the Kananaskis Country Golf Course Covid Protocols
As promised we wanted to keep you up to speed on any changes or additions to our Covid 19 Protocols throughout the season. As of Thursday, June 10th, 2021 our province will find itself in Stage 2 of re-opening and we wanted to highlight what that means to our operation and your experience!
GROUP/ON COURSE REGULATIONS
- Up to foursomes are permitted and there are no restrictions as to who can play together.
- There is a MAXIMUM of two power carts GUARANTEED per foursome. If our team can accommodate an extra cart request we will be happy to do not to count on it. It is rare to have extra carts available.
- In stage two there are no restrictions on who can ride together on carts. There are two players and two sets of clubs allowed per cart
- Until further notice, we will continue to be CART PATH ONLY on both the Kidd and Lorette Courses. We are doing this to better ensure the long-term health of our young fairways.
- All carts will be sanitized before and after a round for the Health and Safety of our team and our guests.
- Guests will be greeted by our Concierge director to welcome you to our Course. Guests can arrive up to 1 hour prior to your tee time to give you time to unload and check-in and get into the cart up to 45 minutes in advance of their tee time. This will give you time to warm up and grab a drink or snack before heading out onto the course!
- Guests can unload their clubs at the bag drop area and then park their car in one of our many lots.
- Guests will now be able to check-in inside the Golf Shop where they must maintain social distancing of 2 metres or 6 feet between themselves and other guests. There will no longer be an outdoor check-in area.
- To assist us in extending discounted rates, Identification will be requested for things like Alberta residents (savings of $30), Senior, or Junior rates inside the shop.
- Once all guests have checked in for golf, they will be provided their cart to head down to the Snack Shack and driving range to warm up for golf. You can head down to the range up to 45 minutes before your tee time.
- Please ensure you are at your tee 10 minutes prior to your game so you can get to know our wonderful Starters and get some important information for your round.
- The Golf Shop is open for all guests to enjoy fantastic products at a great value! Always great value and selection in our shop for menswear, ladies wear, equipment, and fun knick-knacks!
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Summit Restaurant will be open both Inside and outside on the Kidd and Lorette patios with maximum table sizes of 6. There are no restrictions on who is able to sit at these tables.
- Recommend that guests make reservations before their round on our Kananaskis App or online at www.kananaskisgolf.com
- Hours of operation for Summit Restaurant is 7:30 am for breakfast and will stay open until the last groups are off the course, offering up our Twilight Menu which starts at 9:00 pm.
- The Mt. Kidd and Mt. Lorette Snack shacks will be available for guests
- Our wonderful take-out menu is still available for guests wanting to purchase something before or after their round. Our menu can be found on our Kananaskis Golf app or online at www.kanananskisgolf.com
- Encourage continuous putting to facilitate social distancing
- Flagsticks are to remain on the ground and golf balls to be retrieved using the pin caddy provided
- Club Cleaner and ball washer will be made available on all carts.
- Bunker Rakes and sand seed bottles will not be available for the time being and we will continue to follow AHS regulations as it relates to bringing these back to our facility.
- Scorecards and pencils will be provided by our friendly Starters
- Pleased to announce that our Callaway Rental clubs have arrived for the 2021 golf season! Men’s and ladies right and left-hand sets available, however, there are still two clubs per set that are back-ordered and coming to our facility in the near future.
UPON COMPLETION OF ROUND
- There will be an optional Club Cleaning service available to those guests who are comfortable with our team safely washing their clubs.
- Guests will be asked to take clubs back to their vehicle from our Cart De-stage area
- Golf Shop is open to guests who wish to purchase fantastic value souvenirs before leaving.
- For those wanting to have a great meal and enjoy a drink with your group after your round, we welcome you to Summit restaurant and the Mt. Kidd and Mt. Lorette patio. We strongly encourage you to make reservations before coming over to best ensure a seat to enjoy some of the most spectacular views during a mountain dining experience!!
Guests can order items from our Take Out menu to take with them on the road home.
THE REGULAR MENU AND TAKE-OUT MENU CAN BE FOUND ON OUR KANANASKIS GOLF APP WHICH CAN BE FOUND ON THE APPLE APP STORE OR THE GOOGLE PLAY STORE.
- Apple App Store – https://www.apple.com/ca/search/kananaskis-country-golf?src=globalnav
- Google Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gallusgolf.c1026.android.kananaskisgc
- Kananaskis Website https://www.kananaskisgolf.com/summit-restaurant-on-course-food-and-beverage/summit-food-and-beverage
THE GAME OF GOLF AND COVID PROTOCOLS HERE
- The game of golf has proven itself to be a safe haven for its participants and we feel the ability to get fresh air and quality time with friends is critical to the mental health of our guests. While so much in our lives has been temporarily taken away due to Covid Protocols, please help us do all we can to ensure that golf is not added to that list.
- We will be updating these protocols as soon as there are any changes that come from the Government of Alberta. For more information on the current protocols please click on this link: https://www.alberta.ca/index.aspx
Thank you in advance for your help in supporting the health and safety of our team and guests at Kananaskis Country Golf Course through a very challenging and difficult time! We are all in this together